Pre Listing Prep That Maximizes Your Home Sale Price
From welcome mats to pet toys, we curated the 10 most important things to do to ensure your home is ready to attract and convert the next potential buyer.
Get Your Home Ready For Showing, Download Our Free Checklist Now
Our Prelisting Prep Process
Our team is here to make them count. We go above and beyond to show your property in the best light. From modern and clean staging and eye-catching yard signs to value add renovation and website mobile optimization.
In the first 24 hours after we get a new listing, we create floor plans for the whole house to demonstrate the layout and square footage. This helps potential buyers have a clear understanding of what they get so they can take the next step in the buying process.
Staging That Sells
According to The Real Estate Staging Association (RESA), 85% of homes sold for 5-23% over their listing price when staged before showing. Our real life experience with sellers - and buyers - seconds this study. A home that is staged correctly increases in value and thus increases the price significantly. Here’s how we help you achieve this:
- Keep the garage and grass neat
- Remove all clutter
- Paint the front door
- Clean windows inside and out
- Wash or paint the home’s exterior
- Tighten and clean all door handles
- Remove excessive wall hangings, furniture and knick knacks, personal photos
- Clean or paint walls and ceilings
- Floors should be clean, carpets and rugs shampooed and vacuumed
- Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps
- Clean all light fixtures
- Declutter - consider a garage sale
- Turn on all the lights and open all drapes in the daytime
- Open all doors and windows beforehand to circulate fresh air
- Ideally, pets should be unseen. Pet areas should be clean and odor-free.
- Play quiet background music
- Infuse the home with a comforting scent like apple spice or vanilla
- Remove all cash, jewelry and small valuables from view
- Vacate the property while it is being shown
Take Your Next Step With TCS
Ready to prepare your home for sale? Reach out to one of our agents and let’s get the process started. We are eager to help you.